Move over the iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel. The next big things in the phone industry will start tricking in now. Leaks have already started coming in, rumours are swirling, details of the phones that will be launched next year are already available. Although for now nothing has come from the official sources and there is nothing confirmed, the broad outlines of the phones like the iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 4 have started taking shape. Here is what we think is coming in the next several months, beginning with this month itself.
1. iPhone 8: After its two big phones: iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, Apple is now working on iPhone 8, the phone that Apple plans to launch on its 10th anniversary. The buzz around the iPhone 8 has been generated even before the release of the iPhone 7, particularly because 2017 is going mark the completion of 10 years of the iPhone.
Also Read: iPhone 8 will have curved display and wireless charging. Here is everything we know so far
The leaks related to the phone suggest that it may come with all glass body and will also have wireless charging module. Some reports also suggest that iPhone 8 will come with curved OLED display. The company may also entirely remove the existence of a home button in the next iPhone.
2. Redmi 4: Xiaomi recently confirmed that it is launching its upcoming smartphone Redmi 4 on November 4, that is today. The Xiaomi Redmi 4 is expected to come with a 5-inch FullHD IPS display. The phone will be powered by Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor. The Redmi 4 is expected to pack in 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with support for expandable storage up to 128GB using microSD card. The Redmi 4 is supposed to have a 13-megapixel camera on the back with dual-LED flash. It will also have a 5-megapixel camera on the front. The phone is expected to come with a 4,000mAh battery.
Also Read: Xiaomi is launching Redmi 4 on November 4
3. Samsung Galaxy S8: Rumours around the Galaxy S8 have been going like since forever. However, a recent report now suggests that Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S8 on February 26 at its next Galaxy Unpacked event in Barcelona, ahead of MWC. The phone is expected to sport a bezel-less screen and no physical home button. The Samsung S8 will likely come with a fingerprint sensing display and dual cameras on the rear. The phone will be powered by Snapdragon 830 and/or Samsung’s next-generation Exynos processor.
Also Read: Note 7 is history, Samsung to launch Galaxy S8 on Feb 26
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S8 will focus on better hardware, may come with 6GB RAM
4. OnePlus 4: Off late, rumours of OnePlus 4 have been doing the rounds. OnePlus will most likely launch the OnePlus 4 around June or July in 2017 and it will be the successor to company’s successful flagship smartphone OnePlus 3. Rumours suggest that the OnePlus 4 will come with a 2K resolution and Snapdragon 830 processor.
Also Read: OnePlus 4 may come with 2K display and most powerful mobile processor ever
5. Motorola Moto M: After launching the Moto z and Z Play, Lenovo is now all set to launch another phone. This one will be called Moto M. The phone has recently been leaked in its full glory, revealing a 5.5-inch FullHD display. It will come with 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. The phone has a 13-megapixel camera on the back and an 8-megapixel camera on the front. The Moto M will use Android 6.0 Marshmallow, at least initially before it gets the Nougat update.