You cannot go wrong with strawberry ice-cream. An evergreen frozen dessert which can be served on all occasions. And it’s especially a hit among kids.
200-250 gm fresh ripe strawberries
250 gm fresh cream, 6 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp gelatine, 2-3 tbsp strawberry crush
½ tsp strawberry essence
a few drops of red food colour (optional)
2 tbsp raisins (kishmish) preferably black raisins
* Wash and discard green leaves from strawberries. Grind to a puree.
* Soak gelatine in 1 tbsp water. Stir on low heat till it dissolves.
* Add gelatine to strawberry puree and mix well.
* Whip cream with powdered sugar till thick.
* Add strawberry puree to cream. Mix well.
* Add crush, essence, colour and raisins. Mix and check sugar.
* Beat till quite thick. Transfer to an ice cream box. Cover with a plastic sheet (cling wrap) and then with the lid.
* Freeze overnight or till firm.